Feel free to contact President, Arlene Rea, for more information on the branch.
Mission: To advance gender equity for women and girls through research, education, philanthropy, and advocacy.
Vision: Equity for all
Inclusion and intersectionality
What We Do:
– Education and Training: Addressing the barriers and implicit biases that hinder advancement of women
– Economic Security: Ensuring livelihoods for women
– Leadership: Closing the gender gap in leadership positions
– We support community efforts through Southeast Community College and the University of Nebraska – Lincoln
– We contribute to AAUW-Funds, which makes the research and fellowships available to women nationally and internationally
– We award fellowships to post graduate students at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln; recent recipients are: Lynn Matthews – 2017, Elizabeth Low – 2018, Colleen Ray – 2019